NATUROPATHY : Your Partner in Health
Naturopathy—also called naturopathic medicine a holistic system that combine a variety of therapies including nutrition counseling, acupuncture, herbs, homeopathy, joint manipulation and mobilization, psychotherapy or counselling.
Naturopathic medicine is tailored to treats all forms of health concerns for all ages – from irritating symptoms to chronic illness and from the physical to the psychological. It is the approach, philosophy and training of naturopathic doctors that sets it apart from other forms of health care.
Its history dates back to the 18th & 19th century and was popular with individuals who wanted to incorporate principles of a healthy diet.
The naturopathic philosophy is to stimulate the healing power of the body and to treat the root cause of disease. For many patients, this difference in approach to health provides them with a new perspective and awareness. Patients have been finding tremendous benefits by addressing the root cause(s) of disease and through the appropriate use of therapies such as IV therapy, B12 injections, vitamin drips or dietary detoxification.
What makes our Naturopathy treatment unique?
When you visit Dr. Nav Dhindsa, our Naturopathic doctor, session will start with a thorough history of your lifestyle including diet, lifestyle habits, stress levels, quality of sleep. Getting an overall picture of YOU allows him to treat YOU wholistically, meaning considering a variety of factors before offering a diagnosis or illness. Things like mental and or emotional state, diet, family history and environment can all play a role in your overall health and well-being.
Working with you, our Naturopath will develop an overall treatment plan, using a variety of different therapies that are based along the principal that they assist the body’s healing response and are often more effective when combined. Some treatments may include diet and nutrition guidance, immune support, homeopathic medicine, traditional chinese medicine, acupuncture, prevention and lifestyle counseling to name a few.
There are typically three types of patients that seek Naturopathy help:
- Patients that are looking for health promotion and disease prevention strategies. Individuals that recognize that health does not just happen by chance, that it is a lifelong process that involves a clear understanding of the factors that affect health and how to deal with them on a daily basis.
- Patients that have a range of symptoms that they have been unable to address on their own or with the help of other medical practitioners to restore health.
- Patients that have been diagnosed with an illness and are looking for treatment options. It is used extensively and effectively for those patients that are looking to combine conventional and naturopathic treatments with the aim of minimizing side effects to drugs, surgery or conventional treatments.
These are principles and beliefs that sets us apart form other practitoners:
- Self-healing: Identifying and removing obstacles to recovery, allows for natural healing.
- Underlying symptoms: Rather than stopping symptoms, our Naturopathic doctor can resolve underlying physical or mental issues by treating the body, mind, and spirit.
- Safe treatment: Treatment plans are tailored to not have harmful side effects.
- Holistic approach: Our naturopathic doctor recognize individuality to treat all aspects of a person’s health effectively.
- Self education: You will be shown appropriate self-care.
- Prevention: It is good to remove toxic substances from a lifestyle to prevent problems from arising.
Will It Work for My Condition?
Naturopathic medicine is used for a wide range of health issues. Some of the more common ones include:
- Headaches & Migraines
- Fertility issues
- Hormone therapy
- Food intolerance
- Digestive problems
- Chronic pain
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- High blood pressure
- Sleep disorder
- Immune support
To learn why Dr. Nav Dhindsa is our North Vancouver one of the best Naturopath, please click HERE to read his Bio.